OGB RIDE – DRIVER HANDBOOK
- Driver Registration & Approval Process
- The Big Five
- Car/Vehicle Requirements
- Driver Requirements
- Professionalism & Respect
- Driving Behavior
- How to Make More Money
- The Big NO-Nos
- Payment / Driver Payouts
- Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
In today’s world of tough competition in the taxi industry, customer service is the most important part of developing and growing our business. It is extremely important to realize that you, the driver, is our brand ambassador, the one who can ensure that every customer walks away with a smile and keeps coming back.
Below you will find a helpful guide to provide your clients with high and worthy service. Please make sure that you are aware of these behavior tips.
DRIVER REGISTRATION & APPROVAL PROCESS
- Download OGB Ride App on Android or iPhone.
- Please note: Phone number and email address are required to complete the download process successfully.
- Fill out the form, include your full name, and provide all required documentation.
- Valid Documents to include driver’s license, Car Insurance Certificate and one of the following – Voter’s ID or Passport
- Submit the form
- Typically, filling out basic information (like your mobile phone number, driver’s license, and other documents) takes less than 30 minutes. Then a few more things need to happen:
- We will check your driver’s license and driving records with DVLA to ensure you are eligible to be on the road.
- We will check the validity of your car insurance.
- Once approved by the Operator, you will receive an email and you are ready to hit the road.
THE BIG FIVE
To make sure you’re delivering the best service possible, always remember:
- Be friendly: leave a positive impression on your clients by being pleasant.
- Be respectful: treat everyone you encounter on your trips with respect.
- Be prepared: make sure your car is clean inside and outside.
- Be safe: keep the passengers and yourself safe. Don’t break any laws.
- Be happy with your job and enjoy every ride
- Keep your car clean and in decent shape – outside and inside.
- Make sure there is no unpleasant smell and no foreign objects.
- Ensure the air conditioning is working correctly
- Check the car for technical problems and do basic maintenance.
- Register vehicle with valid personal auto insurance.
- Ensure car picture is uploaded in the driver app.
- Ensure your car is worthy to be on road.
- Valid state driver license.
- Customer-service oriented attitude.
- No criminal record.
- Excellent driving skills, confidence, and adequacy on the road.
- Neat and tidy clothes; – company uniform etc.
- Smartphone or tablet running Android or iOS.
PROFESSIONALISM & RESPECT
- Smile when you greet the passenger and address by name.
- Help passengers load and unload their luggage.
- Clarify the route details, ask riders if they have a favorite one.
- Ask the client about his/her music preferences as well as the volume level.
- Lead the conversation with the passenger professionally respecting the distance and in a polite way.
Keep in mind that after each ride the passenger is rating you.
- Always be on time.
- Always abide by the seat belt laws
- If anything is holding you up, notify the clients.
- Stay calm driving through heavy traffic or dealing with rude passengers.
- Drive carefully, keep to the adequate speed limit and the traffic laws.
- Take a break if you ever feel tired or sleepy so as to avoid accidents.
- Do not reject orders as it affects your acceptance rating – go offline if you can’t accept orders.
- Rate passengers for future records
- Report any dangers or issues immediately to the authorities or call the operator via your driver app.
DRIVER BEHAVIOR TIPS:
- New order
- Accept order
- Road takes longer? Call the client asking if he is ready to wait
- On arriving press ‘arrived’
- Wait for 5 min if the client didn’t show up call the client
- Wait for 10 more mins and call the client again. Clarify the pickup location
- Client arrives greet the client by the name help with the luggage if possible
- Specify the route and music preferences. Be polite and friendly and start the ride
- Confirm payment and rate the order. Client rating is stored in the database
HOW TO MAKE MORE MONEY
- Drive during peak hours.
- Drive in the morning when there is less competition from other drivers.
- Use fuel efficient cars to save on fuel costs.
The Big NO-Nos
- Disruptive behavior, including flirting, inappropriate language, or actions.
- Smoking in the vehicle.
- Drivers may not accept street hail – ever – vehicle for hire without prearrangement, on the street or at a taxi stand.
- No driving while holding your phone or texting.
- Alcohol or illegal drugs in the vehicle.
- Do not hint at receiving tips from the clients.
- Do not ask for money for the return of your client’s belongings.
Payment / Driver Payouts
Your pay is based on the time and distance of a ride (and you keep 100% of your tips, of course)
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
- What if the client is not there to accept the ride?
On arrival, press the “Arrived” button. Wait for 5 mins. If no one is there, try calling the customer more than once. Call at least twice in case the first time the client didn’t hear the phone call.
- In what case should the order be cancelled?
If you called the client more than once, got no answer and waited more than 15 mins, he can then tap “Cancel” button and follow the instructions in the app.
*Please note that in any other case, possible cancellation fee is applied.
3) How long should a driver wait for a client?
Wait for 5 min, if the client doesn’t show up you can contact him/her several times. Wait for 10 more minutes and call the client again.
- What to do if the client has lost an item in the vehicle?
If you find the left item, you should contact the Dispatcher so as to return the item to the client.
Remember: the easiest way to prevent this from happening is to check the back seat after every trip! If you are unable to return the item to the client, please leave it at OGB-Ride main office.
- What to do if the driver is out of petrol or fuel?
As a driver you should always keep up with the gas level. It shouldn’t go lower than the ¼ of the tank. But if such an urgent case happened, apologize to the passenger, and see if there is a nearby petrol station to fill up and inform the client that the trip payment will be corrected, according to the downtime. Act operatively and inform the dispatcher about this case.
- What to do if the driver had to pay for parking or toll?
In the case that you have to pay for parking or picking up the client, you should pay on your own, but inform the dispatcher about it after the trip.
- What to do in case of a road accident?
In case of a road accident, regardless of the degree, inform the dispatcher about it at the end of the trip. But first of all, make sure that the passenger is ok. Apologize to the customer, call the police, the insurance company agent, and the ambulance, if necessary.
Important: Make sure another taxi will arrive at the accident place to pick up the client.
- What to do if the smartphone is frozen or the battery is dead during the ride?
If it’s frozen try to restart it, and the system should upload the current order’s information. As for the battery it is the driver’s direct responsibility to track the battery level and have a charger in the car. If the phone didn’t work because of that, the client has the right to cancel and not to pay.
- What if the driver forgot to press the ‘START’ button?
This case should be totally the driver’s responsibility. As the company is using the app system to calculate the distance, the number of km/miles won’t be calculated, and the client won’t pay for the trip.
Important – As a driver please make sure you start the trip on your driver app before moving the car or vehicle.
- Can passengers’ pre-book?
Yes, passengers can pre-book any time from one week before the requested time and date. As a driver, you can only accept prebook orders if you have that activated by the dispatcher. If you don’t have that option on your driver app, please reach out to the dispatcher to activate.